2020 Maple Grove Triathlon has been cancelled
It is with deep sadness that we have to announce that the 2020 Maple Grove Triathlon is being cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic and associated State of Minnesota restrictions. We had held out hope that with our late August race date restrictions may be eased by then, but there continue to be too many unknowns. We are now at a point where we cannot continue to put money into an event that may not be allowed to proceed. We have looked at so many options on what a smaller, different, or more “distanced” race could look like, but none of the options seem viable under the current phasing guidelines. Our #1 priority has always been the safety of our participants and volunteers and we cannot do anything to compromise that.
All current 2020 registrations will be automatically deferred to next year.
The human toll from this pandemic has been immense – lives and livelihoods have been lost and life as we know it has been changed. Our country and community are also at an incredible juncture in terms of race relations, equality and justice. Talking about sporting events during this time can seem incredibly trivial. That being said, we really do look forward to the day when all events are back and they can hopefully be part of the healing process as people gather to share their passions, find escapes, chase their goals and share in the human spirit. We look forward to seeing you at the 2021 Maple Grove and many other events in a better time of health and harmony.
Maple Grove Triathlon presented by Life Time
The Maple Grove Triathlon presented by Life Time welcomes elite and avid triathletes, amateurs and everyone in between. From views of Maple Grove’s charming landscape to the countryside of Plymouth and Corcoran, triathletes can expect the best from the Maple Grove Tri.
Register and Receive
Besides the accomplishment of finishing a triathlon, you will receive:
- Chip Timing
- High-quality custom gender-specific event T-shirt
- Locally-themed food
- Music and post-race party
- Awards 3 deep for male and female age groups (excludes Super Sprint distance)
- Custom finisher medal
- Fantastic aid stations
- The 2020 Maple Grove Triathlon has been cancelled.
- The Maple Grove Triathlon is a USA Triathlon certified Paratriathlon friendly course. There are two race distances to choose from, International and Sprint.
- 2020 registration opens at 12:01am November 1! Set your clocks and mark your calendars. Splash & Dash race day is Friday August 21st and the Adult event will be Saturday August 22nd.
- Registration is open for the Youth Splash and Dash! A fun kid only event held on Friday evening. This years race will begin at 6pm on Friday August 21st. Register today HERE!
This great race experience is made possible in part by our generous sponsors.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
For information on sponsorship opportunities, please contact us.